DAVID “REV” CIANCIO
Senior Marketing Executive & Brand Evangelist with more than 20 years of experience in hospitality and food and beverage (F&B) marketing, agency ownership and management, strategic planning, lead generation, digital marketing, and brand identity development that helps companies penetrate new markets and safeguard business reputations. Innovative thought leader with a record of leveraging an influential personal brand and following in service of lead generation and sales pipeline development. Astute change agent adept at overhauling the brands and images of existing brands and stewarding their operations to success in the twenty-first century hospitality industry.
Areas of Expertise
- Hospitality Marketing
- Brand Evangelism
- Sales Enablement
- Pipeline Development
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Strategy
- Reputation Management
- Strategic Planning
- Influencer Marketing
- Localized SEO Methods
- Marketing Technology
- Industry Insights
- Brand Engagement
- Social Media Marketing
- Public Speaking
- Cultivated an influential position as a thought leader within the hospitality and marketing technology (martech) space, disseminating industry insights alongside engaging, creative content that helped accumulate a massive social media following and drive digital and physical traffic to featured brands.
- Acquired more than 300K Instagram followers and organically attracted new leads, bringing an immensely-valuable following to companies and collaborators alike.
- Appeared across a range of media, including podcasts, television shows, and web-based videos, contributing to the global conversation around hospitality marketing.
- Authored two e-books, several marketing playbooks, and hundreds of blog posts.
- Excelled in highly-tailored director-level roles at Yext, utilizing subject matter expertise in digital marketing and brand evangelism to provide the company with an inventive channel development and customer acquisition tool that substantially bolstered brand identity and reputation.
- Successfully founded and operated independent marketing consulting firms, developing effective marketing strategies for restaurants, bars, and other food and beverage (F&B) brands.
Professional Experience & Accomplishments
Yext – New York, NY 02/2017 – 12/2018
Director of Industry Insights 02/2018 – 12/2018
Director of Small Business Success 10/2017 – 02/2018
Director of Partner Marketing 02/2017 – 10/2017
- Championed and evangelized the company brand at any and all opportunities, creating a consistent stream of authentic, personalized content that helped build brand loyalty, bolster organizational standing, acquire new customers, and drive revenue growth.
- Collaboratively developed the entire marketing strategy and owned the go-to-market plan for all verticalized content for hospitality-focused endeavors, culminating in a $5.4M pipeline influence.
- Coordinated cross-functionally in the design and creation of public and internal marketing deliverables, such as e-books, webinars, podcasts, blogs, white papers, and other sales materials.
- Defined, established, and managed the partner marketing program, building relationships with key agencies to facilitate profitable partnerships within a highly-competitive marketing sector.
- Oversaw strategic aspects of public brand ambassadorship and online reputation management, such as strategy, composition, and reporting, monitoring reviews on G2 Crowd, the BBB, and others.
- Championed sales enablement efforts that were outside of the role’s defined scope of responsibility, independently generating nearly 100 leads and influencing pitching and upselling best practices.
- Leveraged a variety of media, including webinars and podcasts, to develop and cultivate brand identity.
Schweid & Sons – Carlstadt, NJ 10/2013 – 10/2016
Director of Marketing
- Spearheaded a complete brand renovation for an established food manufacturer that had been operating for nearly 40 years, developing the concept, overseeing the implementation, and coordinating and executing the branding strategy to ultimately allow the company to launch a retail brand that sold into more than 6K locations in under two years.
- Implemented and utilized advanced sales and customer relationship management (CRM) software, including Salesforce, to support more than 10K active contacts and generate at least 900 new leads.
- Delivered marketing consultations to Schweid & Sons customers, providing an agency-like service with after-sale support that drove increases in regional food service sales.
- Planned and executed the entire content and social media marketing strategy – encompassing a tailored approach to platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest, and the company blog – by developing sales channels and bolstering company growth and brand engagement.
- Coordinated all creative marketing content for a company blog that attracted a sizable and engaged audience, obtaining upwards of 91K sessions and 318K page views.
- Compiled a “Burger Trends Report,” conducting research to write a widely-downloaded document that helped restaurants and other businesses develop menu items and marketing tactics.
Cardlytics – New York, NY 06/2012 – 11/2013
- Coordinated and managed marketing campaigns for high-value customers; maintained advertising relationships for restaurant verticals, emphasizing grocers and multi-location restaurants.
- Generated new leads and drove sales growth for the company while reporting on sales and marketing metrics to senior leadership, helping take full advantage of the company’s marketing platform.
Idle Hands Bar – New York, NY 10/2010 – 01/2016
Co-Founder | Chief of Marketing
- Founded a craft bar that catered to the niche beer and bourbon enthusiast market, offering tasting lessons to the local community, hosting after parties, facilitating bar crawls, and hosting other events.
- Managed marketing efforts for the bar, leveraging local business partnerships and social media marketing strategies to build brand awareness and attract new clientele.
Thrillist – Partnership Development & Sales Manager | Marketing Manager
AIM Marketing – Manager of Hard Rock Radio Promotion
Independent Marketing Consulting
Yeah! Management – New York, NY 02/2009 – Present
Founder | Talent Manager | Marketing Consultant
- Consulted a variety of restaurants, bars, and other hospitality businesses on marketing best practices.
- Designed, launched, and directed all client-facing business
Other Independent Experience:
The Syndicate – Co-Founder | Marketing Consultant
Bachelor of Arts (BA): Communications | Telecommunications & Sociology
Michigan State University