DAVID “REV” CIANCIO
SENIOR MARKETING STRATEGIST AND BRAND MANAGER
Dynamic, creative, results-driven strategic sales marketing planner and brand development specialist who has led many clients to new levels of local, national and international success in the hospitality, financial service and entertainment sectors. Ability to multi-task while play a key role in the strategy, planning and drive of unique marketing experiences that create brand equity and value through partnerships, events, social media and content marketing with a focus on customer success and productivity improvement. Able to passionately represent a brand on stage, on camera, to customers, in interviews and online.
Strategic Planning • Sales Marketing • Brand Strategy • Brand Ambassador • Social Media Marketing
• Inbound Marketing • Creative Concepts • Agency Management • New Business Development • Team Building
• Partnership Development • Client Facing Skills • Public Relations • Event Marketing • E-commerce
BURGER MAKER / SCHWEID & SONS Carlstadt, NJ 2013 – 2016
Director of Marketing
- Managed and implemented the process of working with agency to rename and rebrand of the company after nearly 4 decades operating as Burger Maker, Inc to Schweid & Sons. Directed seamless integration of new brand with more than 10,000+ active company contacts. Branding elements allowed company to launch retail brand, selling into more than 6,000 locations in 2nd full year of venture.
- Using HubSpot Inbound Marketing and Salesforce CRM software, created marketing programs that helped to provide customer marketing support to a base of 10,000+ contacts, generated more than 900 leads.
- Directed and managed all social media marketing channels and content including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Snapchat while maximizing for growth and engagement.
- Created and managed influencer marketing programs around brand and customers, resulting in more than 100,000 likes and shares.
- Operated as in-house marketing agency for customers to provide after-sale marketing support, resulting in an increase in food service sales in multiple markets including 26% lift in sales in home market; New York City.
- Created industry-leading “Burger Trends Report” — a research project that surveyed some of the top restaurants and Burger concepts in America and created a data-rich report that was released as a free download, saving customers thousands of dollars from buying similar reports from other companies.
- Created, directed and managed all content and marketing of company’s blog resulting in 91,000+ sessions, 318,00+ page views with an average of 3.5 pages per session and 2:02 duration.
- Negotiated partnerships, oversaw creative and managed the production of 40+ events and event sponsorships including Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival Burger Bash, Boston Magazine Battle of the Burger, Marcus Samuelsson’s Harlem EatUp! and Westchester Wine & Food Festival Burger and Beer Blast.
- Concepted, designed and created all social media, blog, website and content including a cookbook, a guide to ground beef and a social media marketing checklist for the hospitality industry.
- Co-hosted and marketed a industry-leading hospitality marketing podcast entitled podcast entitled “Like, Bite & Share” that earned more than 6,000 downloads in first year.
- Directed and managed outside PR agencies to generate articles on the company including Wall Street Journal, Meat & Poultry, The Daily Meal, Time Out, AdWeek, Yahoo Finance and many more.
- Created, designed and launch all sales-marketing material including point of sale, sells sheets, logos, product photos, presentation templates, company letterhead and video presentations.
- Worked with Human Resources department to create and launch new Mission Statement / employee advocacy and appreciation program including a years of service recognition and reward program.
CARDLYTICS, New York, NY , 2012 – 2013
Manager, Local Sales, Northeast
- Execute the building of new sales and managing advertiser relations for restaurant verticals with a focus on multi-unit restaurant and grocery businesses.
- Pull together and manage marketing campaigns for top tier customers for Financial Institution partners like Bank of America and Food Service Distributors like Sysco.
- In charge of thoroughly following up sales and marketing results and promptly reporting to both the area director and manager as well as clients, effectively carrying out the complex implementations of a powerful transaction driven marketing platform.
THRILLIST REWARDS, New York, NY , 2011 – 2012
Partnership Business Development and Sales / Marketing Manager
- Spearheaded $1.3M in gross relationship marketing sales by sourcing more than 150 leads for the New York City market on a local e-commerce platform best known for delivering editorially-driven, experiential offers targeting its young, urban male demographic.
- Tripled New York City direct marketing subscriber base from 100,000 to 354,000.
- Created dozens of successful repeatable events by working with local promoters in the food, beverage, hospitality and recreation fields.
- Developed brand-new sales generating events in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston and Washington DC.
YEAH! MANAGEMENT, New York, NY , 2009 – Present
Agency Founder, Marketing Consultant
- Acted as Chief Marketing Officer for food and beverage events production company, Get Real Presents. Created sampling events resulting in more than 5000 tickets sold and a subscriber base of around 40,000.
- Acted as Director of Partnerships and Beer Sommelier for The Food Film Festival. Received Proclamation from NYC Mayor for “Cheers To Burgers and Beers” for 2012 NYC opening night event.
- Produced successful yearly “NY Burger Week” event series as well as tastemaker events at annual SXSW conference in Austin, TX.
- Created Burger Conquest, one of top burger blogs in world; organized and hosted 20 editions of the popular event; NYC Wing-Off, featured on 10 TV reality shows and named “Expert Burger Taster” by The Learning Channel.
- Acted as Director of Business Development and Strategy for Grill ‘Em All Truck, one of the most popular Food Truck Catering companies in Los Angeles. Created and operated digital, social and public relations campaign that lead to victory of appearance on The Food Network’s Great Food Truck Race and eventually opening up 2nd truck and 1st brick and mortar location. Increased awareness and profits by producing unique events that drove engagement including a week long, 8 restaurant takeover in New York City.
- Built and directed social media and brand marketing campaigns for 5 restaurant and 8 entertainment clients.
IDLE HANDS BAR, New York, NY, 2010 – Present
Chief Marketing Officer, Events Director, Beer Sommelier
- Lead planning for diverse events, including craft beer and bourbon lessons, tastings, concert after-parties, bar crawls, beer and bourbon pairing dinners, and holiday parties.
- Build awareness, penetration, and new customer recruitment utilizing local media partnerships, social media, advertising, events and other digital media..
- Secured feature on The Learning Channel’s Cake Boss; named one of 6 bars in Drinker’s Guide NYC by Whisky Magazine in October 2011.
- Successfully re-opened as artisan burger restaurant in partnership with That Burger after first year in business and played key role in off-shoot launch of That Sauce Company.
THE SYNDICATE, Weehawken, NJ , 1998 – 2009
Agency Co-Owner and Co-Founder, Marketing Consultant
- Co-Managed team of 12 employees in 5 different departments.
- Created, launched, and directed all aspects of client facing business development and management firm, overseeing all businesses for 10 clients.
- Launched social media campaigns for 10 artists in 2003 that are still being used today.
- Created and directed conception through execution of industry insider and public events at SXSW, CMJ, Warped Tour, Ozzfest, Bamboozle, and many more for independent, corporate, and brand companies.
- Expert at Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, Hootsuite, Buffer, WordPress Google and related tools (Analytics, Drive etc)
- Mastery of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint)
- Cloud / File management
- Expert at location and ratings / review marketing with Yelp, Google My Business, Foursquare, TripAdvisor, etc
- Exceptional Presentation and Public Speaking Skills
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, 3.87 GPA, 1996,
MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY, East Lansing, Michigan